Sunday, 4 September 2016

My. Von Erl.

Lately, I feel tired of all the maintenance that my style of vaping is required. Re-wicking, re-coiling, dealing with leaking, etc. Even clearomizers still sometimes pain in the neck. I also find myself constantly vaping rather than having an indulging “smoke break”. Yes, the quality of vape is excellent but my life doesn't revolve around vaping gear and sometimes I just need a quick, "no hassle", nicotine fix. After reading some positive reviews I decided to try what by many considered as the most convenient way to get this nicotine fix - the new generation of cigalikes. Powerful and yet small and light, capable of producing decent vape without a hassle. My.VonErl. is my first foray into the closed systems.


Designed in Austria and assembled in Canada, the e-liquid is also made in Canada.


Even my smallest combo is still way heavier than Von Erl which you can use "hands-free", like a small cigar.



Compact, light and super easy to use. No buttons, power or airflow adjustments. Leak proof, pocket-friendly. Very well made and sleek. Kind of an Apple approach to get a quick nicotine fix.

The draw is very consistent but a bit loose. In my opinion it's more suited for restricted directly-to-lung hits rather than mouth-to-lung.

On a few occasions device misfired and I sucked some of the e-juice. I don't like the supplied "Tabak", it has some floral notes. Definitely not the best choice for tobacco flavor, considering that Labo LVS has their excellent Le Patriote and Movember e-liquids.

Yes, it's way more expensive than DIY approach but I don't mind to pay extra for the convenience.
Apparently you can re-fill the pods, just check youtube, but in my opinion, it defeats the purpose.

I am not sure yet what role “closed systems” will play in my "smoke free" life, but so far I like the experience. JUUL is next on the list.  

Cheers,

Victor

7 comments:

  1. I recently picked one of these up. It doesn't seem to perform well in the mouth to lung category for me at all. It requires too much sucking force for the device to turn on. Restrictive lung hits are possible, but 18mg juice has too much punch for lung hits in my opinion

    As soon as I can find a shop that will ship the Juul to Canada, ill make that my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same observations here. They should have made the activation switch a bit more sensitive and air flow tighter. Works, but not perfect. Let me know if you figure out how to get Juul in Canada.

      Delete
    2. Originvape.com and vaping.com both ship the Juul to Canada for a decent price (15$usd shipping).
      I have a MVE and was let down my lack of decent MTL hits. I even tried 45mg nic salt based liquid to make it better but that only made hits smoother (I know, doesn't make much sense at 45mg but the benzoic acid must make a big difference).
      Also, the MVE has some pretty serious leaking issues in my experience. I have the LVS pods made by Bablito. Not sure if the issue is confined to them.
      I'm waiting for my Juul now to see if it works better. Should arrive next week.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. Origin Vape has suspended their international shipping, will follow up with vaping.com.

      Delete
  2. Well as far as my experience is considered vaping has worked pretty well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anml looper is quite amazing when it comes to best flavors in vaping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete